Thursday, June 28, 2012

Insects at the Garden

Today I worked in a Native Garden at Monteverde Center.  At the garden we did a lot of pruning of the plants as well as transplanted and moved some plants around to new beds and to fill in some gaps.  While working in the garden I had the opportunity to see many different butterflies and other insects which you will see below.

Today I also walked up to the Monteverde Institute and saw this beautiful new building they are finishing up which is a new outdoor classroom.  This is a beautiful classroom with a very rustic gazebo but beautiful landscape with the rock walls.  I think if this were my classroom the first week or so I wouldn't be able to pay attention because I would always be looking outside the building!  Thursday I am planning on going into the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve where I had visited before to get another glimpse into the cloud forest ecosystem!

1 comment:

  1. I just LOVE the butterflies!! Thanks so much for sharing. I also love the classroom. I could handle a hme like that! Keep having a blast and learning all you're learning! Love ya tons!!

    ReplyDelete